UC Newsletter May 4th 2020

0 Comments

Dear Friends, Partners and Patients of Urban Care,

Today we are happy to share few updates from us and our communities. First it is important we remind you and your family to keep taking the necessary precautions to slow down the spread of Sars-Cov-2, the virus causing the disease COVID-19.

Introducing weCare Program

Urban Care is pleased to announce our “weCare Program”. The current global situation impacts everyone on several different levels: physical health, mental health and finances. Through the weCare Program we are aiming to increase our support for those among you, who are struggling financially: at the time of consultation you will pay 40% of the total amount of services. The remaining 60% can be paid according to an individual payment plan without interest. This program is available for residents and citizens equally. At the same time we would like to remind you of our longstanding Alkhamis Bure, consultations and selected laboratory examinations free of charge for Zanzibar citizens.

COVID19 Updates

In our efforts on the fight against COVID19, we have been able to get started in Dimani and Nyamanzi ward. Our work is well received as our Doctor pays visits door to door together with a community leader, teaching on primary prevention and assisting to install hand washing stations in front of every household in need. We are also distributing soaps donated to us by Inaya Zanzibar. Thank you Recycle @OZTI for giving face masks that we can distribute. In partnership with Uhuru Beach Bungalows we have been cooperating with Jambiani’s sheha to provide the same one-on-one community service, which will fully start on Thursday.

For every patient seen at Urban Care, part of the consultation fee is also donated to Kimbia Bila Shaka’s women collective group. This women group makes soaps, by donating to them we are helping to provide more soaps for free in the communities and support the women’s livelihood. Moreover Joana, our massage therapist is working on online contents for free that will teach us reflexology methods to do at home in order to relief stress-related physical symptoms.

Home visits – make use of them

In addition we still offer vaccination, contact us for more information. Amidst this global pandemic and ensuring physical distancing as well as self-isolation we are now offering home visits at a discounted rate of TZS90,000 (Until June 15th 2020). You can call or write to us and our doctors will visit you at your home.

Urban Care wishes to emphasize and advise the general public on the advantages of personal protective measures. Please ensure personal good hygiene, wash your hands thoroughly and often with running water and soap for at least 20 seconds. When a crowded place cannot be avoided (for example at a bank), make sure to limit contact time and wear a cloth mask.

We have our phone number available 24 hours to assist whenever one has doubt. On our social media platforms you will remain updated about current events and receive up-to-date advice – check our IG Story updates and highlights. As always, you can reach us on +255622820011 or write to contact@urbancare.clinic

We will together Prevail, Stay Safe.

Regards

Dr. Jenny Bouraima

Medical Director, Urban Care Clinic.

Categories: