UC Newsletter June 17th 2020

0 Comments

Reminder On COVID19 Prevention

Today we are happy to share a few updates from us and our communities. First we want to remind you and your family to keep taking the necessary precautions to slow down the spread of Sars-Cov-2, the virus causing the disease COVID-19: ensure personal good hygiene, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, wash your hands thoroughly and often with running water and soap for at least 20 seconds, limit contact time and wear a cloth mask.

Massage Therapy Services

Our Massage therapist, Joana, has fully resumed her services at our clinic. According to the Zanzibar SOPs released this month, we have implemented additional measures to ensure her and her clients’ safety. The time between clients have been spaced out to make increased and more extensive sanitation procedures possible. Also at the clinic, all our staff and clients wear a mask at all times – if you do not have your own, we have cloth masks available at the entrance, that you can take free of charge.

Further we would like to recommend all our customers for massage therapy to take a shower / at least a body wash prior to treatments. Joana’s services are available on appointment every day, Monday to Saturday. We have a promotion till end of the month, giving 50% discount on all massage services.

Psychotherapy Services

The current situation might also affect our mental health. Therefore our Psychotherapeutic Counselor, Judi, adjusted her office hours and location in order to be wider available for everyone. We are living in stressful times and sometimes it is hard to cope with our negative thoughts. we would like to encourage everyone who is overwhelmed by the current situation, to contact us to arrange an appointment with her. She is available either at Urban Care or in her Chukwani office – remote counseling sessions over video chat are also still a possibility. Physical distancing and hygienic standards will be assured during the sessions at the clinic and Chukwani.

Our Support in the Local Community

For the local citizens of Zanzibar, we would like to remind you on our “Alkhamis Bure” services where you get free consultation as well as free selected laboratory tests by dedicating parts of our earnings to the local community. Additionally, every Tuesday and Wednesday we do outreach activities to Nyamanzi and Dimani, where we offer consultation and minor laboratory examinations and other services for free. The program has been well received by the community and we can see that there is a greater need in these communities.

Our doctor Winifrida Mmasi has therefore set up a gofundme campaign to scale up our existing outreach program. 100% of the funds received will be invested into increasing our ability to offer more laboratory examinations and medications free of charge. We would like to thank Dr. Winifrida Mmasi for her initiative! You can all support the campaign by donating here gf.me/u/x723fn.

About our weCare Program

In May we announced our “weCare Program”.  This program aims to increase support to those among us with financial struggles related to global impacts of COVID19. We are welcoming you and everyone to sign up for this. Through this program you are getting to pay 40% of the total amount of services at the time of consultation. The remaining 60% can be paid according to an individual payment plan without interest. This program is available for residents and citizens equally.

We are available 24/7 to assist you in case of health related issues. You can reach us as always on +255622820011 or contact@urbancare.clinic. On our social media platforms you will remain updated about current events and receive up-to-date advice – check our IG Story updates and highlights.

Please note: if you suspect a Corona Case or you think you are infected, call for free 190 (Zanzibar) or 199 (Tanzania Mainland).


Dr. Jenny Bouraima
Medical Director, Urban Care Clinic.

Categories: